- A financial security such as a bond with a call option attached to it, i.e., the issuer has the right to call the security. The New York Times Financial Glossary
* * *callable call‧a‧ble [ˈkɔːləbl ǁ ˈkɒːl-] adjectiveFINANCE if a loan, bonds, or shares are callable, they must be repaid whenever the lender or shareholder asks for them to be repaid, or when the borrower decides to repay them, within certain conditions when the loan is made or when the bonds or shares are first sold:
• The notes, which are callable after 10 years, leave the company some flexibility to refinance if rates are lower then.
* * *A callable bond gives the holder the right to early redemption at a given redemption price, on a given call date.► See also Puttable.
* * *callable UK US /ˈkɔːləbl/ adjective FINANCE, STOCK MARKET► callable bonds, shares, or similar investments can be bought back before the time when they would normally mature by the company or government that sold them : »
a callable bond/security/share»
The preferred shares are callable after five years.► a callable loan must be paid back when the financial organization or person who lent the money demands payment: »
The loan is callable only in the event of default.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
callable — adj. subject to a demand for payment or redemption before the due date; of financial instruments; as, callable bonds. [WordNet 1.5] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
callable — call·able adj: capable of being called; specif: subject to a demand for presentation for payment a callable bond Merriam Webster’s Dictionary of Law. Merriam Webster. 1996. callable … Law dictionary
callable — [kôl′ə bəl] adj. that can be called; specif., a) that must be paid upon demand: said as of a loan b) that must be presented for payment upon notice: said as of a bond … English World dictionary
callable — Applies mainly to convertible securities ( convertible security). redeemable by the issuer before the scheduled maturity under specific conditions and at a stated price ( stated value), which usually begins at a premium to par and declines… … Financial and business terms
callable — 1. adjective a) That can be called. The list of server tasks is a compromise between only one task for all remotely callable subprograms and one task for each remotely callable subprogram. b) That may be redeemed by its holder before it matures.… … Wiktionary
callable — adjective Date: 1826 capable of being called; specifically subject to a demand for presentation for payment < callable bond > … New Collegiate Dictionary
callable — adjective subject to a demand for payment before due date callable bonds • Similar to: ↑due • Derivationally related forms: ↑call … Useful english dictionary
callable — /kaw leuh beuhl/, adj. 1. capable of being called. 2. subject to redemption prior to maturity, as a corporate bond. 3. subject to payment on demand, as money loaned. [1820 30; CALL + ABLE] * * * … Universalium
Callable — (с правом досрочного погашения) термин, употребляемый в отношении кредитов или ценных бумаг, предоставляющих заемщику право досрочного погашения … Ипотека. Словарь терминов
callable — callÂ·aÂ·ble || kÉ”ËlÉ™bl adj. able to be called; subject to a demand for payment/redemption prior to due date; subject to payment upon demand … English contemporary dictionary